Thursday, December 11, 2008

My daze

This week at work can only be described as: "Holy.mother.of.jesus.I.really.need.a.percocet.and.a.bottle.of.four.dollar.wine.immediately.if.not.sooner."
Ok, so Monday I wake up with a raging sore throat and since I reserve all dispensible income for shoes and alcohol, I simply have to suffer. So, I go to work only breathing out of one nostril and spend most of the day clicking from email to email, not really answering any of them.

Tons of meetings, make your own baked potato lunch, meetings, meetings. On Wednesday, I have to prepare for a HUGE meeting that happened today. This basically means creating and printing about 60 copies of about 23 or so reports. I think this is interesting since our company recently decided to go "green." Neatly put all of my reports into binders- while trying not to drip snot all over the dividers. Do this until about 10pm at which point one of my coworkers breaks into a round of "This Little Light of Mine." But oh- wait. We have to bring to the meeting a sample of EVERY ITEM that we make, will make next season, or are thinking about possibly making 3 years from now. This means that I get to use enough bubble wrap to cover Nigeria to wrap all of these things up and put them into boxes. I estimate that this process takes around 2.7 years.

Yes, my friends, I have a corporate level job where I develop product for a major department store, but we do not have enough money to pay for someone to pack 400 pieces of home decor into boxes for us. Not only that, but after they are transported to their destination, I must UNPACK the 400 things.

This meeting, P.S, will begin at 9am and end around...... never. I am hacking all the way through the meeting, and all of the directors cover their precious Diet Cokes every time. Then, around never, I again start to RE-PACK everything so that I can send it back to my office. I will say this: If I see another box with Asian writing on it, another strip of bubble wrap, a tape gun, any of these things for the rest of the week- someone will be impaled.....

I will now go home and console myself with shoes and alcohol, preferably at the same time.

No comments: